Multidingus

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 12:49:23 EDT 2012

Very interesting examples in that FAQ.

Although I would say this one is a little misleading:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?text=%5C%5C%5Btest%5D(not+a+link%3F)<http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?text=%5C%5C%5Btest%5D(not+a+link%3F)%0A>

It would more accurately be this:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?text=%5C%5C%5Btest%5D(notalink%3F)<http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?text=%5C%5C%5Btest%5D(notalink%3F)%0A>

While that is a lot less interesting, it is not exhibiting the issue of
spaces in urls - which is the next item on your list.

There could also be this:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?text=%5C%5Btest%5D(notalink%3F)

Which is also not very interesting. The only difference in these two
examples is the way php markdown handles escaped characters - which has
nothing specific to do with links. Seems to me like none of
these examples belong on the list.

Waylan

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM, John MacFarlane <jgm at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Thanks! I've added a FAQ:

> http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/faq.html

> This contains a longer list of interesting examples of differences

> between implementations, plus instructions on how to get your markdown

> implementation added to the comparisons.

> +++ David Chambers [Oct 19 12 15:16 ]:

> > This is a terrific tool, John. I now realize how much disagreement

> > there is between the different Markdown libs on certain topics (such

> as

> > consecutive lists).

> > David

> > On Friday, 19 October 2012 at 2:51 PM, John MacFarlane wrote:

> > +++ Alan Hogan [Oct 19 12 14:07 ]:

> > Here’s a tiny bookmarklet that can be run on Babelmark 2 as it stands

> > today, that replaces all the <pre> elements on the page with an HTML

> > preview:

> > javascript:$('pre').each(function(i, el){ var html = $(el).text();

> > $(el).replaceWith($('<div style="border: 1px solid #aaa;

> border-radius:

> > 4px" />').html(html)); });

> > Or, you may drag it into your bookmarks page from here:

> > <[1][1]http://peg.gd/2IU>

> > It’s not Good Code and doesn’t do anything useful like add tabs to

> > switch between representations, but hey, I spent five minutes on this

> > and it’s kind of useful, so I’m sharing it.

> > Alan,

> > This is useful. I've incorporated it into the site itself, so you

> > can now toggle between "Preview" and "Code" modes. When I have a bit

> > of time I'll make it use tabs for this instead -- that would be nicer.

> > John

> > References

> > 1. http://peg.gd/2IU

> > 2. mailto:Markdown-Discuss at six.pairlist.net