How to insert a blank line between blockquote paragraphs?

Thomas Maibaum thomasmaibaum at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:28:00 EDT 2012

Thanks all of you (Alan, Waylan, Hogan)!

I would have preferred a method that looks good in raw Markdown, too,
but I understand from your replies that this simply isn't possible. (I
wonder why this feature isn't included in Markdown; is "separate
blockquotes with no text in between" really that exotic?)
I think I like Waylan's suggestion best (an empty HTML comment), as it
looks least ugly in the raw Markdown text, for my taste at least.

Again, thank you all for your help.

Thomas