How to insert a blank line between blockquote paragraphs?

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 24 21:22:42 EDT 2012

See question 6 here:
http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/faq.html#what-are-some-big-questions-that-the-markdown-spec-does-not-answer

And note that pandoc allows you to create two blockquotes if
you leave blank space between,

http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=%3E+foo%0A%0A%3E+bar%0A%0A

If you want one blockquote with two paragraphs, do it like this:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=%3E+foo%0A%3E%0A%3E+bar%0A%0A

Unfortunately the other implementations don't make this distinction.

+++ Thomas Maibaum [Oct 24 12 22:09 ]: