the future of markdown, according to jeff atwood (and/or david greenspan)

Koen H koenhoeymans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:54:44 EDT 2012

There's seems to be some momentum behind the idea to fork markdown.
The discussion on this list and the parallel blogpost by Jeff Atwood
shows that it's either time Gruber steps up and takes the lead again
or a fork will happen.

I haven't read mr Atwood hinting at the developers being active here.
Some of the things he likes or thinks need to be changed may stand in
contrast to what the majority of developers on this list think should
change. He does have a great reach of audience which can be leveraged.

Stil, if a fork happens that gains a reasonable but not overwhelming
following and is in some small but important aspects different (eg
line breaks) we might be off worse. I believe a fork would be a good
thing to have if fragmentation can be avoided.