Styling Markdown approaches

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Thu Apr 18 11:52:27 EDT 2013

Since folks with considerably more influence than myself have tried
(and failed?) to "standardise" markdown:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2012/10/the-future-of-markdown.html

I think I need to rethink my approach of using Pagedown.
https://code.google.com/p/pagedown/

Are there editors that basically expand markdown input into HTML in
the textarea I wonder?

The big saving for Markdown for me is just auto-wrapping paragraphs.
Nice bullet point making. Nicer link making actions, e.g.

* foo <CR>

becomes

<li>foo</li>

after returning the carriage return. Or perhaps asking people to
highlight a region. Which in turns gets churned into HTML.

Anyway, just a brain fart on how I can possibly get out of this mixing
HTML & Markdown quagmire.