Styling Markdown approaches

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:00:51 EDT 2013

A good reply. You almost convince me.

But at least with it being done by configuration, I can either ship the
config file with the MD file, or I can manually change my config to match
the sender's config. This is a bunch easier than installing a whole new
version of MD and it's support structure because of a different fork.

That particular cat is out of the bag, however, and we have a score of
implementations. From all apparent discussion here, there is no particular
urge for the writers to get together to reduce the implementations. So we
have 20 document formats already. And not all the implementers are
concerned with backward compatibility.

The same can be said of html and CSS. CSS configures how the html is
rendered. So CMD could configure the way MD is rendered.

So steal a page from html/css: config can be inband or it can included
from an external file.

Respectfully,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests

Sherwood Botsford