footnote:id, colons and jquery

Fletcher Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Mon Feb 4 21:09:25 EST 2013

Discovered something similar when using MultiMarkdown to create ePubs --- the colon in the footnotes isn't valid (though seems to work in most readers). Hyphens appear to be valid characters, in that context at least.

Any reason not to switch to hyphens instead of colons? Or could even remove altogether I suppose. I would be interested in choosing something more compatible with other implementations rather than everyone going their own route.

F-