'_' in the middle of a word

ST smntov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 10:06:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

I recently started to use Markdown and I really enjoy it. There is only
one thing that bothers me - '_' in the middle of a word. For example
some_file_name.txt will display "file" italicized which is annoying. Why
not to ignore all "_" which are not followed or preceded either by a
whitespace or by a newline? In this way file in some_file_name.txt will
not be italicized but in some _file_ name it will.

What do you think about sucha a change to Markdown?

Thank you,
ST