text/markdown effort in IETF (invite)

Jason Davies j.p.davies at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:48:27 EDT 2014

On 9 Jul 2014, at 17:07, Fletcher T. Penney wrote:

> Unless it were to receive Gruber's blessing, it would have to be named
> something other than Markdown.

Really good summary Fletcher. I think unless someone steps up to create
Son of Markdown as a project, we should all live with your third option
(and I am just an inexpert user, would not be able to contribute any
code/coding logic, so I'm not volunteering).

We could go classical for the name: the latin would be 'subscribe' which
is not very helpful. (Very bad literal classical) Greek for Son of
Markdown would be something like 'Hypographides', retaining the allusion
to Mark-down without actually using Gruber's name.

The elusive acronym 'HGP' appeal to anyone?;)