Markdown internal metadata Re: Markdown validity

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Sat Jul 12 21:45:30 EDT 2014

These are some of the things that lead to me releasing MultiMarkdown 9 years ago:

* The realization that Markdown documents could be complete documents, and not just a snippet of text to be inserted in a blog CMS

* That these complete documents would need some sort of metadata (Gruber was not a fan of this idea)

* That Markdown could be converted to more than just HTML (e.g. LaTeX, etc.)

The MultiMarkdown metadata syntax was based on a blosxom plugin (I believe it was simply called meta??)

I would recommend checking out MMD (in addition to pandoc as you mentioned) if you're interested in Markdown related tools that support metadata.

FTP

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at fletcherpenney.net