Virgil Arrington cuyfalls at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:38:52 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 7:58 PM, bowerbird via Markdown-Discuss wrote:
> virgil said:
>>    Is  there any way that the developers can come
>>    together on this very small part of the Markdown world?
> i'd have to say it looks like your answer is "no", virgil.

Yes, I've already realized it. It's a shame because it diminishes one of
the attractions of Markdown -- its portability across editors and
systems. Now, before I type anything in Markdown, I have to ask, will I
parse this in ReText, with Python Markdown, or in Calibre (with "old
school" SmartyPants). Then I have to type my "--"s and "---"s accordingly.

Happy Halloween all.

Virgil