Free Markdown WYSIWYG editor

Michael info at marko-editor.com
Fri Sep 12 05:42:31 EDT 2014

mofo syne schrieb am 12.09.2014 05:15:
> Hmmm... have you considered a "magnification view"? I remember seeing
> in mobile phones where you can type more precisely with a miniature
> magnifying glass.

I don't know if this is needed for a mainly desktop application, since
user defined fonts and sizes are on the roadmap anyway.

> Got me thinking, it would be nice to have a mode called "markdown
> peek" where the current line you are typing is in unformatted
> markdown.
>
> If that seems too much, then restrict the "markdown peek" to a few words
> ahead.
>
> This would allow you to have a general overview of the document, and
> the ability to modify the document like word, but also the ability to
> modify it as if it was markdown. It's kind of like the fusion between
> the "markdown panel | html view" you see in many editors.

I just added a toggle for source view, so one can check and edit the source.
Hope that will do. It will be online with the next update.

> Main objective would be to allow beginners to it as a typical
> wordprocesser, but be able to know what's going on intuitively by
> bringing the "markdown peek" cursor over the section they are curious
> about. This is similar to the OLPC laptop OS which allows children to
> see the code behind each UI interface.

Actually I don't think it is the goal that people learn or type Markdown.
Why should a person who only wants to write down some content switch to
Markdown. They are used to WYSIWYG editing, and with Markdown hidden in the
back end they get the Markdown publishing environment for free.