serving markdown directly : any suggestions?

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 4 12:46:13 EST 2015

+++ Mayuresh Kathe [Feb 04 15 13:57 ]:
>hi,
>
>have been tinkering with markdown for a few hours now, so am still a
>noob.
>
>would like to use it for a documentation project which will be served
>over the web.
>
>need to know if there's any way to transform markdown content to
>(x)html on the fly at the web server level?

I'm not recommending this approach, but if you really want to do this you could use an nginx module compiled against a C Markdown library.  This would give you maximum performance and not involve scripting languages at all.

Here's an example: https://github.com/jbfavre/ngx-markdown-module
Note the cautions in the README.