How to create anchors in Fireball version of Markdown?(gitlab version links do not work)

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Thu Jul 9 15:16:32 EDT 2015

I think you need to be more precise in your question.  I tried to flesh
it out in my prior response, but perhaps I failed.

The link you describe:

	[link text](#anchor)

works just fine in any version of Markdown.  It's just a regular link.

I suspect the problem you are having, as per my other message, is that
you need something for the link to "target."  If an anchor named
"#anchor" doesn't exist, that's a separate problem.

The various replies to your earlier message all suggested ways of
creating the necessary anchor that would work.

If those replies did not answer your question, then perhaps you could
more precisely specify the HTML output you are getting and the HTML
output you are expecting.

Fletcher