Markdown-Discuss Digest, Vol 146, Issue 2

Jeff McNeill jeff at jeffmcneill.com
Wed May 6 03:09:36 EDT 2015

Hi,

For conversion tools, not sure why *Pandoc* is just described in terms of
*command-line*. It is a comprehensive conversion tool for many formats to
many formats:

http://pandoc.org/

I think the problem with these kinds of "collections of links" is that many
of them are only peripherally important, and one does not need zillions of
links to use the tool.

For me, who uses Markdown every day, the following are what count:

- Atom (editor): https://atom.io
- Pandoc (supertool) http://pandoc.org/
- PHP-Markdown-Extra (php/wordpress)
https://michelf.ca/projects/php-markdown/
- Markdown-IT (node.js) https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it
- WriteBox and StackEdit (Web/Browser/Mobile apps) http://writeboxapps.com/
and https://stackedit.io/

Of course others have other preferences.

Sincerely,
Jeff McNeill
http://mcneill.io