Markdown turned my slash (/) into / and my double quote (") into "

Alan Hogan contact at alanhogan.com
Mon Jan 28 11:58:43 EST 2019

Markdown doesn’t do that. Markdown input is plain text and the output is HTML, including some HTML entities, but not double-encoded such that they would be visible when rendered as HTML.

If you are seeing entities in code blocks in the web pages you created with Prose (which I haven’t tried), then do report the bug to Prose’s maintainer(s).

Alan