[N&W] Fw: VGN cabs

Tue May 4 23:03:49 EDT 2004

 > The following Virginian Cabooses have been located.
 > They are listed below by Class, Number, Location &
 > Ownership Classification. (? indicate missing or unconfirmed data)
 >
 > Class C-1:     (built Princeton, WV)
 >
 > ?    ?        VA        Private
 > ?    Lynchburg, VA      County
 >
 > Class C-10:    (built St. Louis, MO)
 >
 > 302  Princeton, WV       Municipal?
 > 304	?		     ?
 > 307  Mullen, WV            Municipal
 > 311  Lima, OH               Historical
 > 315	Ashville, OH	     Historical
 > 317  Huntington, WV      Historical
 > 319	Oberlin, OH	     ?
 > 321	Roanoke, VA          Municipal
 > 323	Rural Hall, NC	Municipal?
 >
 > Class C-10a   (built Princeton, WV)
 >
 > 332	Walnut Cove, NC   Private?
 > 333	Keystone, WV      Municipal?
 > 334	Romeoville, IL    County
 > 335	Bramwell, WV	     Municipal/Historical
 > 342	Roanoke, VA	     Private
 > 344	Altavista, VA	     Municipal
 >
 > (C-10? or C-10a?)
 > ???	Pocahontas, VA     Municipal
 >
 > Note that of the 50 C-10 & C-10a cabs, 14 road numbers have definitely
 > been located.
 > That's a near 30% "survival rate" for this unique type......& there may
 > yet be others somewhere out there!
 > Please advise me of any additions or corrections to this list.
 > Additional information concerning specific ownership & overall condition
 > of each cab is also gratefully appreciated.

Thanks to all who have supplied information, so far. If you know of any
other VGN cabs (or NW C-30; C-30a cabs); please let me know.
I am also trying to locate any other surviving Virginian cars (Bx-12; Bx-15;
hoppers, flats, gons, pulpwood, business cars, coaches, you name it....)
If you know about any, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Bob Moore
bmoore at dot.state.wv.us