[N&W] Re: Jawn Henry

Mon May 31 14:54:05 EDT 2004

To Nigel, JR, Jim B, Gary Rolih,Tom Cosgrove, Alan Cox and Ron Wilkinson

To all you guy's, thanks for your help. I'll get onto all those web
addresses over the next few days and see what the info is.

For those who inquired about the drawing., it is a 1:25 scale drawing by
Joshua Moldover on address

http://paintshop.railfan.net/images/moldover/nw_jawn.html

To Gary, if you could send me copies of those articles it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards from down under

Barry Bryant
139 Seventh Road
Armadale
Western Australia, 6112
N&WHS member 2466
_________________________________
I would suggest that anyone preparing a report on steam turbine locomotive
development include the C&O turbines built around 1948.  I think they
ordered 5 of these monsters to use, strange as it seems, in passenger
service.  They didn't last very long, and it would be interesting to know
how that experience influenced  N&W's 2300, which from all reports was
successful.  It just came too late in the game.  Both the C&O and N&W
turbines used steam to generate electricity to power traction motors.  I'm
not sure what the propulsion principal was for the Pennsy locomotive which
looked like a conventional rod engine minus cylinders.  Was it direct drive
through gear reduction?

Rick Morrison