[N&W] Re: 2-8-0 Consolidation Type Locomotive Class G1

Mon May 31 14:59:49 EDT 2004

While thumbing through my copy of MEMORIES OF NORFOLK AND
WESTERN POWER by Paul Carleton,on page 20 there is a photo of
G-class #256 after it has been tankerized, they are calling it a G-2.

Gary Price at gpprice_nsc at yahoo.com
Lew Scroose - AKA Ed K, Uncle Ed

According to my records only 9 of the 28 class I were converted.  107, 126,
127,
128, 129, 130, 131, 133 and 134. Like you said there could have been others.
Any known additions please let me know.  Copy of the I Class from the roster
sent under separate cover.

I still am confused on the spelling of Walschaerts.  On the 776 I spelled it
Walschaert.  I am sure that I have spelled it different than either spelling in
other documents. Still haven't turned up any photo of the W3 #823.

Re the G with the Baker gear.  If you know the year and month in the Magazine I
can do some research on this.  I have all copies from 1923 to 1965.

JBbbbbbbbbbb  AKA Jimbo, Black Jack