[N&W] Re: Surviving Virginian Cabooses

Mon May 31 15:05:38 EDT 2004

<< 530342  VGN R# 342  VGN CAR SHOP, PRINCETON 9-59    C30A    CUPOLA  YES
          6-89 DONATED TO K.L. MILLER AT SALEM, VA. REPAINTED VGN R#  342>>

I beg to differ here, this caboose was sold, not donated. I have the bill of
sale to prove it. Now if anyone wants to give me the cash back, I'll be glad
to consider it as a donation! :)

The date sold was April 1989.

Ken Miller
#345 is alive and reasonably well residing in Rural Hall, NC, adjacent to
the old Atlantic & Yadkin freight depot, as NW 530345. Also present (on a
back street parrellel to the NS line from the south to the junction) is NW
518444 and 530323 (at a few oil dealer's place).

Photos of 345/530345 can be found at the following links at the RailRoad
Caboose List:

1.jpg
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RRcaboose/files/Norfolk_%26_Western/NW_530345_
2.jpg

I hope that this helps!!!

jerry <jmlaboda at yahoo.com>

The Railroad Caboose List now features over 200 photos in its Files and
Photos sections, and links to 1000s of caboos photos on the World Wide Web.
Do stop by for a visit!!!