[N&W] Re: What is the real reason ... ???

Mon May 31 15:28:28 EDT 2004

There was an article in the last few days in the Virginian-Pilot (see
http://www.pilotonline.com) detailing a $50,000,000 -yep million-
lawsuit against NS filed by a fellow who was hit by a train at a grade
crossing and received non-fatal neck injuries. He claims it was the
railroads fault that the crossing lights didn't give him enough warning
(I guess he couldn't see or hear the train for himself.)

What would the lawsuits for an excursion accident total??  I wonder what
NS pays for liability insurance for daily operations.  (Mine is about
$2700 a year for my work as a physician)

Jim McDaniel