tender for steam crane

Thu Jul 1 10:22:06 EDT 2004

They definitely would have needed coal and water. But I can't find any photos
of a steam crane in which there is a tender nearby. My guess is that they
probably used the 9,000 gallon tender, of which N&W had hundreds. This was the
common  Maintenance of Way tender used in the late '40's, so it would have been
a natural for use with a steam crane.     Jim Nichols