RR ID needed

Sat Jul 17 22:33:24 EDT 2004

Comparing old maps, Official Guides, etc., I don't see any commonality between the present-day Ohio Central and the Toledo & Ohio Central.  The Ohio Central's north-south stem appears to be mainly  ex-N&W (ex-NKP, ex-W&LE) with some ex-PRR thrown in at the southern end, and the diagonal stem appears to be mainly ex-PRR with some ex-B&O thrown in at the Columbus end.

Gordon Hamilton
  Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 8:26 AM
  Subject: Re: RR ID needed

  I wonder if the present-day Ohio Central which exists in central Ohio (duh-huh) has any affiliation with the T&OC, even if its just that it exists where the old T&OC ran?

  Bob Welsh
    Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 11:36 PM

    Toledo and Ohio Central.  Northern terminal was, of course, Toledo.  Not sure where the Southern terminal was.

    It was a subsidiary of the New York Central.

    Ed King
      Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:41 PM
      Subject: RR ID needed

      Can anyone tell what road was the T&OC? I have acquired a roster of engines for this line. If anyone what like to have it, please let me know.
      Jimmy Lisle