RR ID needed

Sat Jul 17 14:42:39 EDT 2004

Jimmy,

The T&OC was the Toledo & Ohio Central.

The road sported parallel main lines from its namesake city southeastward to
Corning, OH via Bucyrus and Mt. Gilead on the eastern leg and via Columbus
on the western leg. The western leg had a 58.8 mile branch from Peoria, OH
to St. Mary's OH. Sometime between 1909 and 1915 (according to my Official
Guide collection), the T&OC became part of the New York Central System.

In September, 1914, it operated 532 miles of road using 153 coal-burning
locomotives, 7045 freight cars and 48 passenger cars of which 10 were head
end and one was an office car. It connected and interchanged with 24
different railroads (a good many of which were or would become NYC
subsidiaries) in September,1914.

Regards,

Dave Lambert

  _____