RR ID needed

Mon Jul 19 11:28:04 EDT 2004

What are the date for Ohio Central festival ??

Oakie G Ford
IRONTON, OH

Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: RR ID needed

Thanks Gordon, I was just curious. I am heading up there in a couple weeks for OC's rail/steam festival which will include several of their steam locomotives pulling excursions as well as a couple from visiting roads and i do believe AMtrak is running or allowing an excursion to be run from Philly west to Dennison. OH pulled by vintage PRR E8's. Should be quite a gathering, something that 611 and 1218 would have been at in the old days.

Bob Welsh
  Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 10:33 PM

  Comparing old maps, Official Guides, etc., I don't see any commonality between the present-day Ohio Central and the Toledo & Ohio Central.  The Ohio Central's north-south stem appears to be mainly  ex-N&W (ex-NKP, ex-W&LE) with some ex-PRR thrown in at the southern end, and the diagonal stem appears to be mainly ex-PRR with some ex-B&O thrown in at the Columbus end.

  Gordon Hamilton
    Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 8:26 AM

    I wonder if the present-day Ohio Central which exists in central Ohio (duh-huh) has any affiliation with the T&OC, even if its just that it exists where the old T&OC ran?

    Bob Welsh
      Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 11:36 PM

      Toledo and Ohio Central.  Northern terminal was, of course, Toledo.  Not sure where the Southern terminal was.

      It was a subsidiary of the New York Central.

      Ed King
        Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:41 PM
        Subject: RR ID needed

        Can anyone tell what road was the T&OC? I have acquired a roster of engines for this line. If anyone what like to have it, please let me know.
        Jimmy Lisle