RR ID needed

Mon Jul 19 11:49:32 EDT 2004

Ted,

This is NS territory.

Oak
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: RR ID needed

> The new Ohio Central is a completely different raiload which runs East of
Columbus on what used to be PRR's "Panhandle" division. The T&OC (also
called the Ohio Central) passed through the West and South side of Columbus,
crossed the N&W at a tower whose name escapes me (North of Valley
Crossing)and went Southeast to Corning, Ohio where it served Ohio's coal
fields. It connected at Corning with the Kanawha & Michigan (also part of
NYC) which then went on into West Virginia. The T&OC/K&M trackage is still
in service today operated, I believe, by CSX taking coal trains to Toledo.
There's not much business left for Ohio's high sulfur coal.

nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

> >I wonder if the present-day Ohio Central which exists in central Ohio
(duh-huh) has any affiliation with the T&OC, even if its just that it exists
where the old T&OC ran?

> >Bob Welsh

sure where the Southern terminal was.

> > It was a subsidiary of the New York Central.
> >
> > Ed King

engines for this line. If anyone what like to have it, please let me know.