N&W Diner

Sat Sep 4 17:03:18 EDT 2004

No diner named Powhatan, but there was a heavyweight Pullman that carried
that name (not in N&W ownership, however). N&W had two lightweight diners
that were lettered for The Powhatan Arrow (491 & 492), but neither was so
lettered by 1971, when passenger service ended. One of them was converted
to a dorm car, and the other, I think ended up somewhare in Maine.   Jim
Nichols