Correction as to year of 116 on 41

Wed Sep 8 12:50:32 EDT 2004

All of the VGN locomotives were renumbered within just a few days.  Since the VGN locomotives had only headlight glass numbering, it was relatively easy to change those and apply a quick stencil for the cabs.  Nothing was operated with the post-merger numbers prior to 12/1/59
                                        Don Corbin

  Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 11:17 PM
  Subject: RE: Correction as to year of 116 on 41

  Larry Smith was kind enough to point out my error in stating that the date of this pic was Dec. of 1958, this is in fact a pre-merger date!  My wife would call this a brain #art!  It may have been Dec. of 1959 instead, but even this is very close to the merger date for the cab to have already had the number painted on.  I will check with Bob as to to the year as soon as I get a chance.  Thank you Larry for pointing out my error.

  Jerry Hammond