Fwd: Whistle Blowing at the Lake

Mon Sep 27 23:38:22 EDT 2004

Greetings,

After a relaxing trip to the Smokies this week, I return home to the news
that we are going to be treated to a very special event this coming
Saturday October 2 at the Rural Retreat Lake. There will be a whistle
blowing demonstration starting at 2 and lasting till 4??. Mr Lee Alley from
Bristol will be on hand with his whistle blowing compressor and several
whistles, the public is encouraged to bring whistles of their own to have
them blown. I know that the whistle from the Creeper engine #382 will be
there and a NW Y-class hooter type whistle there also, I plan on bringing
my Clinchfield Whistle and Sidney has plans to bring his L&N whistle,
several retired railroaders will be there as will WDBJ 7 news from Roanoke,
looks like a great time of reminiscing on the Lake for us steam buffs.

Gary Price