Hagerstown District signals

Sun Oct 3 20:29:31 EDT 2004

Frank,

The information that you seek on PLS on the Hagerstown District can be found
in the "Nuggets from the Archives" that appeared in the Nov/Dec 2002 issue
of THE ARROW.  A couple of excerpts follow:

    "The first wayside Position Light Signals on the N&W were placed in
service February 1924 between Shenandoah, VA, and Hagerstown, MD, on the
Shenandoah Division."  The next installation of wayside Position Light
Signals on the N&W was between Shenandoah and Roanoke, VA, ...placed in
service December 15, 1926...."

I hope this helps.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:11 AM