Y6's on Pennsy's Sandusky Line?

Sat Oct 9 00:30:47 EDT 2004

Further - the photo is on page 135 of that book, and shows the 2185 with coal loads northbound passing Omar, Ohio.  The photo is credited to Bob Lorenz.  The photo is easily identified as not being on the N&W; the single track is not up to N&W standards and the N&W characteristic pole line is absent.

EdKing
  Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 12:14 AM
  Subject: Re: Y6's on Pennsy's Sandusky Line?

  There's a photo of the 2185 on the Sandusky Line in the book "USRA 2-8-8-2 Series", second edition, now long out of print.

  I don't have any other numbers - maybe someone else on the list does.

  EdKing
    Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 12:37 PM
    Subject: Y6's on Pennsy's Sandusky Line?

    In a reply to a reader about his recent Trains Magazine article "Big Boy or Big Mistake?",  Ed King says that the Pennsy Leased Y6's in the 50's for use on the Sandusky LIne.  I have never heard that before. I find it incredible and was wondering if there are any pictures of the Y's in this service? Also, What road numbers were used?

    Nathan Driscoll