Ohio Museum - N&W E2 #587 up for "grabs"

Tue Oct 19 13:53:48 EDT 2004

Ed has nailed it right on. I had a ringside seat to the last years of trains
5 & 6. I lived on Greever Avenue in Bluefield, VA with the CV line right
accross the street. When I wasn't in school, I'd be on the lookout for
trains. I also remember several Virginian steamers sitting outside of
Platnick's scrap yard waiting the end.

Now if only whoever gets 578 also assembles a proper N&W passenger consist
behind her.

Allen Evans
Federal Way, WA