Virginian Gon Photo 1996

Thu Oct 21 10:33:12 EDT 2004

Very interesting, because it also looks like this gon had been re-lettered
for N&W at one point (you can see that the road name ends in "ERN").  There
is also some class and other data lettering that appears to have been
painted over top of the VGN herald.  Is this a case of the newer paint
peeling off and exposing the older VGN herald underneath?

After thinking about it a bit more, it looks like somebody just didn't
bother to paint that panel when the car was painted last.  Maybe they
thought it would be nice to leave the VGN herald for nostalgia.   Anybody
have an explanation? Too bad we don't have a photo of the whole car.

John Simmons