How Many Loco "Builder's Cards" Did N&W Publish?

Sat Jan 8 23:38:43 EST 2005

We have all seen those 4 x 10" cards that the N&W published, with photos of
its engines.  Some had statistics printed on the back.  Some were photographic
prints and some were printed by "letter press" (a screened image done on a
printing press.)

Has anyone ever catalogued how many of these "builder's cards" were issued?

Here's a list of what I have.  Does anyone know if there were more?

1.  2092, blue letter press print stating on the front "On exhibit at
Roanoke, May 5, 1934."

2.  2197, photographic print

3.  1238, photographic print

4.  125 (streamlined,) photographic print

5.  600 (streamlined,) photographic print; also issued as a color letter
press blotter

6.  201, letter press

7.  2300, letter press

I think there was also a "builder's card" of a box car

And one final question...  Any idea why all the photos are of the left sides
of engines, instead of the right sides?

-- abram burnett