RR bell

Mon Jan 24 21:29:14 EST 2005

Tom,

For the genealogy portion, in a 1953 Roanoke City Directory I found a Howard
L. Dull listed as "mech" for Fugate Motors, which was located at 345
Campbell Ave., S.W. Roanoke, which is in the downtown area.  His residence
was at 1921 Arden Rd., S.W. Roanoke, a nice area of the Grandin Court
section of the city, even today.

Also listed is a Lewis H. Dull (wife Janie B.), shown as a foreman with N&W,
and living at the same 1921 Arden Rd. address as Howard.

In a 1932 Directory, Lewis is listed, but not Howard.  Still on Arden Rd.,
but a different house number, 611, which was probably changed somewhere in
the intervening years.

Neither appeared in the 1957 issue, nor did Fugate Motors.

N&W 128 K2a is shown scrapped in 1957, in Mr. Prince's book.  The Virginian
had no 128 steam loco, and their only 128 was an electric, EL-2b, which was
built in 1948 and still in service at the N&W merger, Dec. 1959.

Hope this helps some.

Jeff Sanders