Coal train on the old Virginian between "JK" and "Broadway"

Sun Jan 30 20:38:38 EST 2005

Pant! Pant! I'm confused.
The original question was "Where is Broadway?" I lived in Roanoke long
enough that I might have figured that out except that the picture was
captioned as being on the VGN. Now I have found that JK is at the diamond at
Walnut Ave. Right? I would have ignored these details except that Silk Mill
has been introduced. From descriptions of the caboose move to Victoria I
thought that Silk Mill was at Ninth St. NE, but that is on the N&W.

My guess is that the picture is east of JK heading for the (former?) Ninth
St SE Industrial Park.

But how do the N&W names fit into this VGN track? Please explain.

Oh, what a web we weave when first we make a teeny mistake.
Craig Close
Balimer, Merlan
OK: Far West Catonsville
ALL RIGHT: Greater Oella