More Belews Creek questions

Fri Feb 4 12:28:29 EST 2005

All,

I can't provide details about the plant switchers. I recall seeing both an EMD and GE switcher. I expect someone has seen them off the plant grounds for inspection or maintenance.

The loaded trains I have seen are 100 cars or about 13,500 tons. Because the cars are dumped individually, the car configuration (hopper versus gondola) doesn't matter.

TS Hoover
  Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:10 PM
  Subject: More Belews Creek questions

  To TS Hoover and List,

      Yesterday's e-mail about  Duke Power's Belews Creek plant you said that the plant has a switch engine, what is it?  Can you tell me how it is painted?  Where does it go for service and inspection?

      One more question about the coal train it self, how many cars per train?

      I'm thrilled with all this information about the Winston-Salem District.

  Thanks in advance,
  John Hecker