Coal train on the old Virginian between "JK" and "Broadway"

Fri Feb 4 22:46:26 EST 2005

Jimmy,

What I have found is that you only get a signal NB at S. Jeff. when the DS sets up a signal for you at JK.  Many times I have been given "permission by" that signal, and before I can get started, I'll get a favorable signal.  An "approach" will get you a "restricting" at JK for movement east, and a "clear" will get you a good signal north.  If I work "by the signal", it's always a "stop" at JK.

Jeff Sanders
  Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:09 PM
  Subject: Re: Coal train on the old Virginian between "JK" and "Broadway"

    The signal is still at South Jefferson St., but it is not a controlled signal.  The signal at Broadway is the first controlled signal handled by the Shenandoah Disp.  There was a signal at the south end of double track, which ended about 1000 feet south of JK, and it was removed when the dbl track was removed.

  Jeff,
         Crews tell me that the signal at S. Jefferson is controled going north and automatic going south.
  Jimmy Lisle