Drawings used for Global Outlet's VGN EL-2B

Mon Mar 14 17:52:38 EST 2005

 N&W List:

In Global Outlet's ads for their EL-2B, they mention that the model is being
"Made by Ajin Precision According to VGN Blueprints." That leads me to
believe there is a set of drawings for the EL-2B out there somewhere.
Another piece of evidence is the EL-2B drawings Robert Hundman drew and
published in the December 1985 (?) Mainline Modeler.   I doubt he was
working from photographs and an equipment drawing.

>From my visits to the N&W Archives, my guess is that while there are some
EL-2B drawings in the Archives, there is nowhere near the  coverage needed
to make an accurate model.   But maybe I just overlooked the good stuff.

If there is a set of EL-2B drawings out there,  inside or outside the
Archives, are copies available to ordinary mortals of ordinary financial
means?

Hilary Smith
Northern Virginia