Roanoke Passenger Station/A Thought

Thu Mar 17 13:29:25 EST 2005

Jim,

I hadn't planned to say anything until I saw your comment, but my recollection is that I have seen a claim that Miller and Rhoads Department store had the first esclators in Roanoke.

Gordon Hamilton
  Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:55 PM
  Subject: Re: Roanoke Passenger Station/A Thought

      Those escalators were indeed the very first ones in the Roanoke Valley.

      Dave George

  Dave

  They were either the first or second.  My memory is somewhat shaded by time.  Leggetts Department Store had escalators installed about the same time.  I want to say the one at the station was the second in Roanoke.

  Jim Blackstock