Yesterday in history

Sat Mar 26 17:57:26 EST 2005

Now this post brought back some memories.

I was one of those young impressionable railfans who used to frequent
Amtrak's Woodall Road station in Lynchburg. As teenage railfans we spent many
afternoons after school. there waiting on train 91, and any other trains that would
happen by. The female station agent was Mary Ann Gunter, and yes, she was quite
attractive. Often when I attend a Blue Ridge Chapter meeting I ask if the
guys have seen her and how she is doing. I haven't seen her myself in nearly 27
years.

On a side note, and a safety issue, there was a position light just west of
the station. One afternoon a friend was watching a train by when he heard a
crash. When he turned around a piece of pulpwood had fallen off a car and crashed
into the ladder of that signal right behind him. The damage to the ladder
made him grateful the pulpwood had missed him!

Be safe out there, and Mary Ann.... I miss you!

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA