Semaphore and CPL at VMT

Mon Apr 25 06:44:51 EDT 2005

Thanks everybody for your responses.  I'm glad to hear that there are so many CPL's that have been restored or at least saved.

My signal is going to be restored as an N&W Position Light, not Color.  However, I will probably rotate it back and forth between color and position from time to time as I did at my former residence.  I know of no other N&W PL's displayed as a true "position light", they're all set up as color signals as far as I know.  Anyway, when I have it erected and ready to turn the power on for the first time it will be just as it was when it was first installed in 1947, right down to the number board and all.  Signal 78L, the old East End Atkins home signal, and it will be painted solid black.

It's a shame that the old semaphore at VMT is going to ruin.  I wish something could be done to save it.

Thanks everyone!

Ben Blevins

1. That was from the old Museum site, first installed 1963

2. Not a clue, but based on VMT's past performance, doubtful

3. See answer above

4. Richard Shell of Shellscale decals has a restored signal beside his
driveway. At some point in the next few months, I hope to have one of
mine up.

Ken Miller