Elliston private crossing signal

Mon Apr 25 21:01:07 EDT 2005

There are, or were several of these around, I know I saw one down the
Bristol line some years ago it was identical, but may be removed now,
it is simply a circuit light to protect a commercial crossing without
going to the extra expense of flashing lights. There may be some other
reasons too, such as a liability issue, that I don't know, but that
signal has been in place for many years at Elliston. It was dark for
some years apparently the road was closed, but left in place. It was
back in service at least 10 years back

Ken Miller