Ben Blevins' Position Light Signal

Thu Apr 28 06:43:32 EDT 2005

Wow Abe, what a paint recipe.  Now, if only we didn't have to answer to the EPA about such things...

I suppose I'll have to march up to the local Sherwin Williams to get what I need.  I'm not sure what I do need.  I want it to be black, and flat black turns gray pretty fast.  Mr. Shell is correct about what he experienced with his signal, the gloss black creates a glare.  I had that problem myself when I had my signal set up at my former residence.  So, what do I do?

I have considered painting it gloss black and then shooting it with dull cote to knock the shine off it.  Does anybody know if that will work?

Ben Blevins

Yo, Mister Blevins !

We shall know that you are really serious about your N&W PL signal when you report to the List that you are mixing up your own black paint for the old gal, using linseed oil, lamp black, Japan dryer, and just a touch of graphite to make the paint go on easier.  Then we'll know that you have recovered the sacred mysteries.

Why shucks, Ben...  Ya wouldn't wanna use store bought paint, wouldja ?

-- /s/ burnettovych
           signal maintainer on n&w's pennsylvania division