Signal restoration tips

Mon May 2 12:02:42 EDT 2005

A word or caution in case folks are not aware of the hazard:

some of the older paint probably contains lead.  When you are sandblasting or grinding it, be careful not to breathe the dust, and don't ingest it.  Wash your hands before eating after such work, and try to contain the dust in plastic garbage bags or such.

If anyone has more reassuring information, please share it.

Ed Sproles

  Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:03 PM
  Subject: Re: Signal restoration tips

  I used a sand blaster to peel the paint off of my signal.  Fortunately I have a friend who had one.  I just had to supply the sand.  Did a slick job but you need to prime it right away or the bare metal will start to rust just from the moisture in the air.

  Jim Mihalek
  Lakeville, MN