cannonball

Sat May 7 18:42:30 EDT 2005

By that time the only N&W passenger cars in Norfolk-Richmond service were the modernized BPG combines.  None of them were ever repainted.  The sleepers were discontinued by that time and the train did not make it much longer.  I forget the actual date for the last run of 21-22.  15 and 16 were combined with 25 and 25 in 1966.  Don Corbin
  Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 6:38 PM
  Subject: Re: cannonball

  Blue became the standard color in early 1966, but the red cars did not all become blue immediately. In fact, some of them were never painted blue. Most of the early blue cars were repainted and relettered NKP and Wabash cars. As original N&W cars needed repainting, they became blue, but it was a slow process.. A number of cars were repainted blue for the refurbished 1969 Pocahontas. So it is possible that the cars on the Cannonball remained Tuscan. Possible, but I have no information one way of the other.      Jim Nichols