RURAL RETREAT station and NS' 175th

Tue May 17 01:50:44 EDT 2005

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:16:58 EDT
Subject:  RURAL RETREAT HERITAGE DAYS

RURAL RETREAT, VA IS CELEBRATING ITS HERITAGE JULY 30
& 31, 2005.  THEY WILL HAVE AN EXHIBIT CAR FROM
NORFOLK SOUTHERN AND AN O. WINSTON LINK EXHIBIT.  THE
WEB SITE IS ATTACHED.

WWW.ruralretreatheritagedays.zoomshare.com

May 17, 2005

While we're on the subject of Rural Retreat, what is
the status of the wooden station there?  Is it still
for sale?  Still rotting away?

Also, NS is preparing exhibits for its 175th
anniversary.  I would certainly expect that it has to
look no further than what resides under the Claytor
Pavillion at VMT, within the N&W HS archives, or in
the photo collection at VPI.  Are there any updates on
planned events or traveling exhibits to showcase its
predecessor railroads' history?

Good night and good morning,

Frank

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator