Line South of Roanoke

Sun Jun 26 22:32:56 EDT 2005

Since nobody has answered yet I'll give you the "Reader's Digest summary"
and others can fill in the details. It's the former Winston-Salem branch of
the N&W, Roanoke to Winston-Salem, NC. It currently sees a Duke Power unit
coal train (one of the ones you saw), some auto rack business (I'm not sure what
plant, the experts can fill in), and a little local business, that I know
of.

It began life as the "Roanoke and Southern" and was bought by the N&W around
the turn of the 20th century. The date is on the N&WHS calendar (hint :-) ).

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 6/26/2005 6:07:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,