George Hughes

Sun Jul 3 13:16:59 EDT 2005

Society members:

It is with great joy that I can announce that I just got a call from
Laura Hughes (lovely wife of George) to tell me that George had gotten
the call he had been waiting some months for late Thursday night. In
the wee hours of Friday morning George (N&W founding board member,
column editor, author and modeler extraordinaire) became the recipient
of a gently used, new to him lung.

Laura reports that his condition is excellent, that he was removed from
the respirator after only a few hours and that he is in good spirits and
raring to return to rail fanning and modeling. She hopes that he will
be released from the UV transplant center in the next few days.

Happy Independence day.

Stoney

Rick C Stone
Member #1