Military Locos?

Wed Aug 17 22:30:03 EDT 2005

Except in some rare instances, when they were used in tests, Army
locomotives were just used on Army posts, ports, depots, and ammunition
plants.

For a look at modern military railway equipment, see:

http://military.railfan.net

Tim_Moriarty
Several manufacturers have released loco model with U.S. Army lettering.
Does anyone know if any USA locos would have been used on the country's
mainlines or would they have been used only around army bases?

I would think that each road would want to use their own motive power for
military movements, but I've never seen anything written about them.
Jimmy Lisle